Monday, December 5, 2011

Snowboarding And Drinking?


Throughout the duration of one's snowboarding trip, many people like to have a drink or two, especially when accompanied by a friend or a decent sized group. Although I don't see anything wrong with throwing back one or two cold ones, it will have an effect on your body, no matter how good you can hold your beer or liquor. Some people say it warms them up or relaxes them so they're not so nervous about falling, but as for me, it seems to make me feel a bit sluggish. In addition, alcohol is a disinhibitor and will make you more likely to attempt something that you normally wouldn't. Also, it seems to decrease my skill level, which although slight, is enough to notice and make me shy away from having a drink in the first place. Furthermore, alcohol is also a diuretic, which means it increases one's frequency of urination. So, be expectant of many inconvenient trips to bathroom; or if you're unrefined like me, trips to a discreet area such as behind a tree or large bush <wink>.

No comments:

Post a Comment